Cody's apartment is cramped. Unlike the photo, Cody is organized, with rows of items (books, DVDs,etc).
Repetition is enforced in every aspect of Cody's life.
Interior to exterior shows uniformity and repetition.
Repetition to the horizon.
All-American.
Everyone wears a uniform at Cody's workplace, a copy center.
A copy center...
I was thinking about an absurd uniform for the copy center employees. At first, I thought UPS' brown shorts, then I thought "boy scout."
The bar set. More repetition.
Cody stumbles into the night, and wanders around drunk in a park. More repetition.
Cody finds a new life...
...at a diner...
...washing dishes.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














There is an old Fritz Leiber book about a guy who realizes that the world is just a big machine--he falls out of synch with it & watches people talking to empty space where he would've been. There are other people like him, who have noticed the clockwork nature of normal life, but who have decided to exploit it & they live like pirates with all this swag that none of the clockwork people notice is missing. I read it when I was about 12, so that's all I can remember about it!
ReplyDeleteHi Colin,
ReplyDeleteI looked up the book, and it's titled "You're All Alone." It seems to have a similar premise of stepping outside of the routine, though it reminds me a little of Stephen King's "The Langoliers." Very interesting!